Thursday, November 1, 2007

Mustard Seed Cafe Logo

Here was the first draft of the logo. This logo was for a private Christian highschool, so I went for a more textured look to give it a grassroots feel. I wanted the logo to feel personal and 'local', something you may not see anywhere else.



The client wanted to go with a more professional streamline look, while still conveying the "mustard seed" idea. I came up with this, which while it has a more solid look, isn't quite appropriate for high school. Neither of these logos were used in the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed

    follow me on Twitter

    Bio

    Joshua Smith - I am a college student at Lee University with a passion for graphic design with a purpose. When not spending late night hours tweaking pixels in Photoshop, I work as the Officer of Creative Design for the the Student Leadership Council, relax in hammocks, and drink chocolate milk.



    creatio ex nihilo
    Literally, creatio ex nihilo means: creation from nothing. It is the idea that God created the universe from nothing, and that all things are by him. I find this idea true in graphic design, where we start with a blank canvas, yet in the end we have the result of our ideas.

    Tags

    Archive